Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What interested you in anime in the first place?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
americanbaka
Human
Human

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-20

What interested you in anime in the first place? Empty
PostSubject: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:51 pm

Mine had to be DBZ on the old days of toonami on cartoon network. They had some cool shows airing like DBZ and yu yu hakusho.
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Zurenriri

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Well besides when I would get up and watch Digimon every morning at the crack of dawn at age nine, my first real exposure to anime goes something like this.

So I was channel surfing on the faithful night of July 18, 2003. I head over to Adult Swim to find Family Guy had been moved two slots for some show labeled "Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet". I'm like "What gives? I wanna watch Family Guy!". But, seeing as I was fighting a losing battle against my TV set, I decided to tune into it. The show actually turned out to be .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu. After 10 minutes in, I was hooked on it.
I then turned into an otaku on that faithful night... ahh... I still rmemeber how the transformation felt... :3

Anyway, what got me into fansubbing was one day after watching a Eureka Seven episode. It was a serious cliffhanger, and I needed moar. So I got a bright idea. I got on YouTube, searched "eureka seven ep31" and got about twenty results of the same episode (this was before YouTube got crazy with the video removals). I went berserk. Watched ten episodes that night. It was ecstatic. One of them I noticed said "Nanashi-Fansubs" on it. I'm like... "What the heck does that mean?!". So I Googled it. And, well, yeah. Now I have over 100GB of anime spread across two hard drives, and I'm a fansubber.

WHOO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 am

hmm, my anime obsession started with Digimon! I'd always watched random cartoons on weekdays, and then in august of 1999, digimon aired for the first time on Fox. From that day forth I was hooked on it. But it wasn't until about a year later that I watched Escaflowne, really liked it, but Fox canceled after like the 11th episode. Never really knew the term "anime" they were just cartoons to me at that age. Then fox started airing something like anime invasion on fridays, escaflowne, digimon, and a few other shows I'd watched before came on so thats when I learned that Digimon was an anime! lol.

It was then a couple years later I was introduced to Fullmetal Alchemist - from then on I began buying series on ebay, watching anime on youtube, and it GREW into an obsession beyond compare!

Fansubbing became a thing of interest the minute Black Order seemed dead XD so thats basically that story - I just looked into it all when I decided I wanted to sub DGM.
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
Nanashi
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Nanashi

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 am

I also watched anime before I knew what it was. My first one was probably Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs. Then, still without knowing what anime is, I watched several of them like every other kid/teen and more or less stopped watching them as I grew older.
I always liked Japanese culture. It was so different that it was mysterious. You see people running around with Kanji tattoos everywhere and still nobody really knew anything about them. So I slowly developed an interest in Japanese language, writing and culture. Somewhat later I got to know a student of Japanese language and culture and thought "Wow. That's so fucking cool!". Our ways parted and then, on that one fateful and boring day, I sat in the computer lab of my university and just... started learning Japanese. I read everything I could find on Wikipedia there and then continued learning kana and buying books later on. Naturally, I needed some real learning material and so I googled "Naruto Japanese", because I watched that show sometimes and wanted to know how it went on and found my first fansub that way.
I became hooked, watched several other shows, most of which were even much better and learned pronunciation, kana and some kanji from the karaoke intros and kept looking up frequently used words and grammar.
I was impressed by those fansubs and kept getting info on fansubbing.
Then my absolute favorite fansub group, Black-Order, seemed to have died and I was looking for an alternative. I stumbled upon Higure-Subs and, as the karaoke nazi that I am, sent in a few fixes to the romaji and kanji karaoke. I saw that they were looking for translators and thought I should give it a try. And so I got into fansubbing.
Back to top Go down
americanbaka
Human
Human

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 2:23 am

really interesting, digimon was a cool show back in the day. What finally got me into the anime cookie monster today had to be adult swim. So many awesome shows ran, and still run. That made me start looking for others anime to watch and i found naruto and caught up in a month. Then i watched bleach and caught up in two weeks lol. My favorite anime has to either DBZ or yu yu hakusho from back in the day. Have any of yall ever seen chobits. It is freakin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What interested you in anime in the first place?   What interested you in anime in the first place? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What interested you in anime in the first place?
Page 1 of 1