Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MMOs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

Female Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-05-22

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Uni here!

I was just wondering how many people around here play MMOs like World of Warcraft.

I, personally, play a lot of them. I have a habit of trying out the free ones, but I have played some of the ones you have to pay for. I played World of Warcraft for a long time. (I always liked playing warlocks... XD )

Right now, I think my favorite MMO is Lord of the Rings Online. It turned out to be an amazing game once I started playing it.

Anyway, does anyone here play MMOs?
Back to top Go down
http://univenon.deviantart.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:23 am

I have to say i'm really not a big fan of MMO's.

Although i am an avid gamer i far prefer console games, or basically anything that i can actually finish. lol

I really only have two problems with MMO's one is some of the people that play them are a little crazy, eg you ask a question on the game and you get spammed with 1000 messages of NOOB.

The other thing i don't like is the fact that you basically can never 100% finish them. I''m someone who will play a game until i've beaten it totally, so i'd be playing MMO's forever.

I've only ever played WoW once, and from what i saw it seemed like a pretty good game, i'm a big fan or Warcraft 3 and i still would prefer to play that over WoW.

However one MMO that i will be getting the moment it comes out is Stargate Worlds, i shall then tranform into a zombie for a time. lol
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:25 am

maxsteele77 wrote:
I have to say i'm really not a big fan of MMO's.

Although i am an avid gamer i far prefer console games, or basically anything that i can actually finish. lol

I really only have two problems with MMO's one is some of the people that play them are a little crazy, eg you ask a question on the game and you get spammed with 1000 messages of NOOB.

ditto
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 am

Aww... I seem to be a bit alone here. Oh well. I usually Solo on MMOs, so I don't have to deal with the annoying people and if I have a question, I look it up on the internet. I like LOTRO because it actually has a plot.

Anyway, I usually like getting 100% on things too, but I like MMOs because they are something that I can easily pick up and play for 10 minutes at a time.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 am

I think I like console games more because there's no lag! ever! I've tried, I attempted Neverwinter Nights, I just don't have computers that can handle em. unforunately.
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:35 am

Yeah one of ther other reasons why i don't tend to play alot of games online MMO's or just normal online games is cos then i can't really download anything at the same time, so i've gotta choose between downloading or playing.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:44 pm

maxsteele77 wrote:
Yeah one of ther other reasons why i don't tend to play alot of games online MMO's or just normal online games is cos then i can't really download anything at the same time, so i've gotta choose between downloading or playing.

Oh! I see. I don't really have that problem myself. Well, I guess I do these days. I have to switch over to windows to actually play anything. ^.^;

I guess I don't download as much...
Back to top Go down
trandoanhung1991
Finder
Finder

Number of posts : 61

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Well, if your internet connection is stable and the server is stable, you can try out something called cFosSpeed. It basically prioritize the packets so that your game packets will always go first. Although, you'll probably get a little bit more lag or spike a little. But if you're soloing who cares?? XD

Anyways, I'm a big fan of MMOs, especially MMORPGs. However, I just can't stick with one long enough to get to a high level. Basically, there aren't any real motives for me to grind. I usually go up there to make some friends. Then I get bored of the game and uninstall it.

IMHO, playing offline games are still better. They're usually fully developed and more balanced. Online games usually lack balance and/or new materials, even though the game is constantly updated.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:13 am

I agree. I usually get tired of MMOs because the grinding only amuses me for so long.

That's one of the reasons I like LOTRO actually. Grinding doesn't get you anywhere. You level up with quests. The quests are fun and interesting too. It's not the same quest over and over.

I do have to say that I do enjoy offline games more. They have original characters and plot lines. I play them a lot more than I play MMOs, but there's no rule saying that you can't play both. XD

I must admit though, getting a big group together and raiding a dungeon on an MMORPG is really satisfying.
Back to top Go down
DBlood-God
Human
Human
DBlood-God

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-21

MMOs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs?   MMOs? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:46 am

I do play alot of MMO's but i nevor get to far because i can find
hacks faster then any one i know ,and i get expelled in from 5 min-6months