Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What games do you play?

Go down 
+8
FAbian_101
WolfReborn
Univenon
kairi27
maxsteele77
helmsdeep
Zurenriri
Higure
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

Female Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-05-22

What games do you play? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Higure wrote:
lol, yeah, I just let her kill off the characters I didn't ever use.

lol, LOD's final boss is easy after awhile (fought it well over 10 times) I am a little obsessed with LOD seeing as how it was my first ever RPG and I love it! I've played and beat it 10 times (watched the ending too many times to count XD) lol

I wrote a guide for Legend of Dragoon. It's on GameFAQs and took me more than a year and a half to finish. I still work on it from time to time.

maxsteele77 wrote:
Talk about a long battle i'd say it took me 3 hours to beat all Sin's forms and all the Aeons in FFX, but the bulk of that time was spent on fighting the Aeon Magus Sisters, they were i think the last Aeon i had left to beat which means i couldn't useany other Aeons against them, i only had my weakest chars left, and they kept bloody healing each other. It was litteraly 1 step forward 2 steps back. It took me sooooooooooo long.

It took you a long time? I have a fun time beating the final boss without using Aeons at all. As for killing the Aeons themselves, one shot with a Holy spell auto-kills them for me. The worst thing about the Magnus Sisters is the fact that there are three of them, but once you take out the fat one, they die quickly enough.

It's not like you can actually lose that fight anyway, what with the auto-life spell for free and all.
Back to top Go down
http://univenon.deviantart.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Isn't the final form of Sin just a blob thing that basically sits there (the final form was pretty easy from memory, hte hardest part was the Aeons fights)
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:35 pm

Univenon wrote:
Higure wrote:
lol, yeah, I just let her kill off the characters I didn't ever use.

lol, LOD's final boss is easy after awhile (fought it well over 10 times) I am a little obsessed with LOD seeing as how it was my first ever RPG and I love it! I've played and beat it 10 times (watched the ending too many times to count XD) lol

I wrote a guide for Legend of Dragoon. It's on GameFAQs and took me more than a year and a half to finish. I still work on it from time to time.

maxsteele77 wrote:
Talk about a long battle i'd say it took me 3 hours to beat all Sin's forms and all the Aeons in FFX, but the bulk of that time was spent on fighting the Aeon Magus Sisters, they were i think the last Aeon i had left to beat which means i couldn't useany other Aeons against them, i only had my weakest chars left, and they kept bloody healing each other. It was litteraly 1 step forward 2 steps back. It took me sooooooooooo long.

It took you a long time? I have a fun time beating the final boss without using Aeons at all. As for killing the Aeons themselves, one shot with a Holy spell auto-kills them for me. The worst thing about the Magnus Sisters is the fact that there are three of them, but once you take out the fat one, they die quickly enough.

It's not like you can actually lose that fight anyway, what with the auto-life spell for free and all.

It just look me a really long time, cos my 3 strongest were already dead and i had no more Aeons left, so my hits did basically nothing, and when i did get them really weak they just healed.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:38 pm

maxsteele77 wrote:
Isn't the final form of Sin just a blob thing that basically sits there (the final form was pretty easy from memory, hte hardest part was the Aeons fights)

That was Yu Yevon technically. The last fight that you make from your airship is the hardest one really, but I kill that form in 4 Holy spells plus one or two Doublecast Flare spells.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm

maxsteele77 wrote:
It just look me a really long time, cos my 3 strongest were already dead and i had no more Aeons left, so my hits did basically nothing, and when i did get them really weak they just healed.

Dead? But what about the Auto-Life spell that's always there? Did you run out of those or something?
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Univenon wrote:
maxsteele77 wrote:

Dead? But what about the Auto-Life spell that's always there? Did you run out of those or something?

To tell you the truth i can't remember, as this long battle happened during my first time playing FFX the whole way through (which means it was about 6 years ago, has it really been that long since i first played it)
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm

maxsteele77 wrote:
To tell you the truth i can't remember, as this long battle happened during my first time playing FFX the whole way through (which means it was about 6 years ago, has it really been that long since i first played it)

Ahh... I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. At least you beat it, right? I loved the end to X. I hated X-2 though. It's the first RPG where I enjoyed grinding more then the actual plot. >.<
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:57 pm

The end for X was so sad, but it was good. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed X-2, don't ask me why i know that it really wasn't that great in any respects, but i just really liked it.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:13 pm

I HATE X-2... like the disappointment scale after the opening was about a 10 by the end a 100 (1 being the least about of disappointment, 100 the most) So much of it was fan service, then the stupid % and multiple endings, and oh, how none of the characters really acted like themselves with only a 2 year skip? how does sweet cool yuna go to, cheer leader slut slut? XD sorry!!! (sensetive subject for me? my ex loves X-2 so I end up arguing about the game a lot to him -_-)
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
FAbian_101
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
FAbian_101

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Higure wrote:
I HATE X-2... like the disappointment scale after the opening was about a 10 by the end a 100 (1 being the least about of disappointment, 100 the most) So much of it was fan service, then the stupid % and multiple endings, and oh, how none of the characters really acted like themselves with only a 2 year skip? how does sweet cool yuna go to, cheer leader slut slut? XD sorry!!! (sensetive subject for me? my ex loves X-2 so I end up arguing about the game a lot to him -_-)

You ain't the only one... monkey
Played it for a while... and it sucked... but then... others may like it... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.animeblox.blogspot.com
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:16 pm

I played through it and got the 100% ending.

I never played it again. >.<
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

you got 100% HOW DO PEOPLE DO THAT?! I tried so HARD! -_- (got every ending but perfect)
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:21 pm

I've played it through twice, the first time i got 94% the second i got 100%
Back to top Go down
FAbian_101
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
FAbian_101

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Gamerolics...

Just made that word up to describe those who can do that... rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.animeblox.blogspot.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:26 pm

I was soooo pissed off that i didn't get 100% the first time (if i play a game i have to finish it to the max or it will haunt me) i just missed a couple of things near the start of the game the first time.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:27 pm

that is just maddening. -_- I mean, I hate most of that game, and wasted so much time on it, and some people could get 100 on the second try XD
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm

what can i say, i've got game. lol
Back to top Go down
karuri_juuni
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
karuri_juuni

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:32 pm

X-2 makes me crazy. shuuyin just doesn't compare to tidus, and the whole game is just painfully nostalgic in all the wrong ways. tho the dress-spheres were kind of cool--it appealed to the part of me that still loves paper dolls.

lenne and shuuyin should have gotten their own game. tidus should have come back halfway through (who wouldn't enjoy playing dress-up with tidus? seriously) and then been playable through the rest of the game. *sigh* too late for that, tho.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:44 pm

HAHAHA! Oh God! The phrase "playing dress-up with tidus" just shouldn't exist.

Awesome thought by the way. XD
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Your right about shuuyin not being in the same league as tidus. But for some unknown reason i really don't mind x-2 (that being said it's probably my least fav out of all the ff games)

I totally agree that they should have had their own FF game and made x-2 about yuna the main char for the first half then her and tidus for the second. sigh oh well
Back to top Go down
karuri_juuni
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
karuri_juuni

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:52 am

Yeah, it's too late now. There's not a whole lot we can do about it, sadly enough.

I think that really the very worst part about X-2 was the nasty shock of not getting a good enough ending, and then realizing later that it would take much more effort to be satisfied. The first time I saw the (un-good) end I almost burst into tears of rabid hatred.

Speaking of disappointing FF games, did XII seem not worth the wait to anyone else? I'm still a little bitter about that. It was absolutely gorgeous, yes, but lacking in the epic romance and plot and crazy over-the-top-ness that we all know and love from Square. The only things that were over-the-top were Vaan's oil-painted abs (abs should never be oil-painted. Ever). Though Balthier definitely gets points for being a pirate, a good dresser, AND British.
Back to top Go down
kairi27
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
kairi27

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:05 am

I agree, my thoughts on FF XII was the good graphics was wasted on lame plot. no romance and no good plot twists.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:49 am

FFXII failed to do what just about every other FF (Minus X-2) managed to do. Have a good storyline, have character development, and the advertised main character actually, you know... being part of the game (besides battles!). lol. Vaan barely had any lines towards the middle to end of the game. Ashe wasn't that great a heroine, imo, she was too "I want revenge for my kingdom, and dead husband that I was married to for like 3 minutes"

seriously, I would have liked to know him before he died in the opening scene... its like... how will anyone care that he died, when he was in it for a total of 7 minutes of the entire game. And then (from what I saw) Ashe was man hopping through the whole thing, at first it was Vaan, and as you waited for something to develope that completely went away, and it was a back and forth between Baltheir and Basch (once she stopped hating Basch that is)

The story wasn't compelling, I really didn't care about any of the characters aside from Baltheir, because out of everyone, he got the only slightly decent amount of character development.

No sense in letting a game play itself if there's no plot! ^^
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:18 pm

It seems that everyone pretty much echos my thoughts on FFXII. There were so many places that it could have gone, but it didn't. I hate it when they have main characters that are "just there for the ride," as they say.

I have to admit though, the lack of sappy romance was refreshing, but it wasn't enough to save the plot. Event driven plots suck... Go character driven plots! That, and it was all politics. I never like plots like that really. I miss character development.

I have high hopes for FFXII: Revenant Wings, however. (I own this, I just haven't gotten around to beating it yet... ^.^; ) Let's hope that Vaan gets a little character change this time.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:47 pm

after FFXII, I didn't even contemplate on getting revenant wings, lol.

what I have high hopes for are FFXIII and VS. they look SO freaking good, (like, they look like they might actually be people that have more than one emotion: revenge) lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What games do you play?   What games do you play? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What games do you play?
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next