Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored Empty
PostSubject: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Sooo, I've always wished Manga was colored. and love looking at vectored manga pages, most popularly the Naruto ones. And I've always wished someone would start coloring the DGM ones more often, there are a few, some good, some okay, mine are in the okay category sure, but its fun and good pratice, I wanna get better with it too. So I colored these 4 pages of the latest DGM chapter, 166. I'll probably keep coloring the rest of the chapter because I want to, but it depends on how much you guys like them if I keep posting them. lol.

D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored Coloringpage1of166jp2
D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored Coloringpage2of166bo0
D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored Coloringpage4of166ao3
D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored Coloringpage5of166ep4

page 2 is probably the worst of them all, I wanna redo that one.
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:10 pm

wow they're really good.

Yeah i wish DGM was coloured more as well.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:24 pm

thanks max ^^
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:35 pm

np, but its true i think they look really good.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

Male Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:39 pm

oo yeah it goes without saying higure, they are well colored.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:10 pm

thanks. I think I wanna change the purple tho. in the first page to white in the BG, and the circus tent from purple to white as well. lol. I don't know why I colored it so randomly
thanks guys ^^
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:19 pm

I think the purple works here, its sort of a controlled randomness.
I always picture the DGM world to be a "dark place" both literally and figuratively dark, but far more figuratively than literally. Not even "dark" literally just not as bright as our world. (Does this make ANY sense lol)

So i think the purple conveys that the world and the mood in this chapter is a little "dark". Cos its not a bright purple, its an almost "sad shade" of purple, i think that if you changed it to white maybe it wouldn't convey that "darkness". (Does anyone actually understand what im saying here, lol)

But that's just my opinion, you made it, you change it if you want.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 pm

hm, I guess you make a good point, maybe that's why my brain just automatically chose that color for the backgroud and tent.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 pm

That shade of purple just struck me as being a "sad" shade of purple, so when i look at the pics the colour helps to convey that this is a sad chpt.

I did notice something that i don't think works in it though.
I don't think the pic where Allen is looking at the ball should all be that one colour, especially since that colour is a little bright. It just feels like in that pic the background is a little overwhelming. Plus the fact that Allen's skin and shirt are the same colour means that he also kind of blends into the background.

Again this is just my opinion, i don't want you to feel that im criticizing your great work (because it is really good) and like i've said im a terrible artist.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:48 pm

nah, I know, I kinda felt that way too about that last frame, but it was like... I dunno, almost 1:30 in the morning when I finished em. I'm gonna go and clean em up and maybe release it as a full colored chapter or something here.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Like i said, its really good, the whole colour scheme you used really conveys the meaning of the story well, even that frame isn't bad i just think its a different tone than the others.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:59 pm

yeah. I know what you mean, and looking at how I was doing that at 1:30 in the morning, I can understand what you're saying. I just wanted to throw these up, because I like people imput in my work, I could work on it for a week and not think its that good. Other people see flaws also, that I couldn't, so it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored   D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D. Gray-Man Manga Chapter 166 colored
Page 1 of 1