Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fairy Tail Manga

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

Male Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:36 pm

My third favorite Manga is Fairy Tail by Mashima Hiro. Since Mashima-san was an apprentice manga artist to Eiichiro Oda, the author of the somewhat overrated One Piece, the artwork resembles Eiichiro Oda's style.

It basically takes place in a world of magic where mages, wizards, assassins, and guilds make up alot of the world. You then have the Council of Magic who keeps an eye on mage guilds to make sure they don't go rogue, although at the beginning of the manga, alot of guilds are already known as Dark Guilds, guilds who have gone aganist the law of magic and basically do evil antics.

The manga is about Lucy, a beautiful girl who is a Stellar Spirit Mage, a mage who uses sacred keys to summon elemental or zodiac spirits in battle. She then meets the Dragon Slayer, Natsu, whose a mage in a guild called Fairy Tail. Natsu and Lucy become friends and Natsu takes her to Fairy Tail's guild headquarters and she is introduced to some of the other guild members there, including Makarov, a short old-man, guild master, and one of the Ten Great Holy Mages. Natsu's power is Fire, but not only can he create fire and manipulate it, he also can eat certain attributes that help to power charge himself. Other main characters introduced are Grey, a mage of Fairy Tail with the power to manipulate and create Ice. Then one of my favorite characters, Erza the Titania. Her mage abilities are combat wise and her abilities with a sword and other types of weapons are scary. Her main ability is the power of several different armors, each armor has its own type of ability, although she hasn't shown all of them yet. Other important characters are introduced later in the manga.

So far, its popular in Japan and has 103 chapters as of this week. This manga is awesome because there aren't many manga out there with storylines based on mages and magic and dragons and dark forces. It's a very interesting manga and its a Shounen type as well.

Here's the link to there site of Franky-House Scanlations who do the best translations for Fairy Tail: http://www.franky-house.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129

However, they only have from chapter 53, and I have from chapter 14, so if anyone wants the chapters, i can try and send it to ur email. Chapters 1-13, which is Fairy Tail volumes 1 and 2 should be available *can't believe he's saying this* in book stores that sell manga. I'm not sure which american company translates it, but its not that great and they translate alot of the terms and abilities wrong.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:46 pm

"somewhat overrated One Piece" lol i LOVE OP.

Yeah i've got all 103 chapters of this manga although i've only read the first couple lol. It does seem really good from what i've read so far (which is why i dl all the chaps)

lol when i first saw this manga i was convinced that the artist ripped off Oda the OP creator and Tite Bleach creator because the chars on the title image look exactly like Luffy and Ace from OP and Ichigo from Bleach lol

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm

lol, i was just kiddin, i like One Piece too, but sometimes, i just think its overrated thats all.

Yea, when i first read it, i was like "Who is this author copying Oda's style?" Then I found out that Mashima was an apprentice to Oda so then I was like, "OHH."

But yea, the manga is awesome, i love the concepts it uses and the whole mage aspect and magic and dragons and dark forces, its something we haven't seen since the olden days. I hope Fairy Tail will get an anime sometime, but I think its too early yet.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah i've gotta get around to fianlly catching up to it soon cos it does seem like the sort of thing i'd like.

When i first saw the title pic i actually thought that this was a fan made manga which combined the One Piece and Bleach worlds because the chars looked so similar lol.

I don't think it'll be too long before this gets turned into an anime, i'm gonna say it'll have one before the end of next year (hopefully it'll be an ongoing weekly one)
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:11 pm

yea im hoping it'll be a weekly one too. They should probably wait until the manga goes at least 150 or 200 chapters otherwise they'll catch up too early and end up putting in so much of filler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fairy Tail Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fairy Tail Manga   Fairy Tail Manga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tail Manga
Page 1 of 1