Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

Male Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! Empty
PostSubject: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:04 pm

The Mana Khemia topic i posted earlier is just 4 games I thought were awesome RPGs. RPG games are my most favorite type of video games to play and its been that way ever since I was young. Its like reading an exciting and epic book, but instead of reading it, your in it.

Here are a variety of games I think most RPG gamers will like and these are also my favorites: Chrono Trigger (SNES *and mine still works perfectly* and soon to be on the DS), Lunar: Silver Star Story complete (PS1), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (PS1), Final Fantasy VII, Shining Force: Rise of the Dark Dragon (GBA), Rogue Galaxy (PS2), Lost Odyssey (XBOX 360), Tales of the Abyss (PS2), and Tales of Vesperia (XBOX 360).

Those are just some of them. My favorite will always be classic turn-based RPG which is Chrono Trigger, Lunar and Lunar 2 and Final Fantasy VII.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:21 pm

hmm, I think I'll look up the lunar games...
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:22 pm

I think the ultimate and unrivaled greatest rpgs of all time are the Final Fantasy games, they're just the very pinnacle of the genre.

Apart from the FF series some other rpgs i like are: Rogue Galaxy, Jade Cocoon 1&2, Fable, Diablo 2, Baldur’s Gate, Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 1&2 and Kingdom Hearts

There are more that i love but these are the ones i can think of atm lol.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:24 pm

yes, FF wins over all! woo! lol.

I wanna try the Rougue Galaxy game that game out like, what over a year or something ago?
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Oh yea dude, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were simply awesome. I seriously hated the gameplay in Final Fantasy XII, it was just ridiculously hard, which is why that is the only Final Fantasy game I've never beaten.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:27 pm

lol i loved the gameplay of FF XII i think it still retains the spirit of classic FF games but at the same time it's moving with the times and the technology.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

Male Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:28 pm

The gambit system is fun for me. But I am still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. Just the trailer of it in KH II final mix is full of win.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:29 pm

YES! SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES! I hated the gameplay of FFXII, but not as much as I hated the LACK of story. -- note: don't get me started on FFXII

KH FTW.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:31 pm

lol im surrounded by FF XII haters. I liked the gameplay (people better get used to it cos thats how the gp is going to be for all new FF games for some time lol) and i thought while XII wasn't a tradition FF storyline i still liked it.
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 pm

When I went to visit my cousin in Japan, I got to play Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. The secret boss in #1 is Xemnas, he was HARD. #2 was fun cause you got to fight all the Organization XIII members that died in Chain of Memories. They were all extremely HARD, harder then Xemnas's final fights too. You even get to fight Zexion, the Organization XIII member that never came out in the America versions cause America sucks, lol, just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm with you on the FF XII gameplay Higure. You've got my full support, LOL!
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

Male Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:36 pm

geezus crise, fighting the bosses in final mix 2 took up a lot of my time, even in level 99.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:37 pm

*They both got to play BOTH final mixes* nooooooo fairrrrrrrr i want them to bring them out outside of Japan, i can't understand why they haven't they'd make a fortune from them all KH fans would buy them. Plus in KHII final mix there's a 3d version of CoM which i'd love.
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:37 pm

LOL, yea they were hard to beat, but it was fun seeing them in PS2 quality, i was like "OHHHH DUDE, ITS HIM, ITS HER." lol.
Back to top Go down
Sennen-Ko
General's Apprentice
General's Apprentice
Sennen-Ko

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:38 pm

lol, yea i know how you feel max. The only reason I got to play it is cause my cousin lives in Japan and his japanese is so perfect, i'm jealous, lol. He practically had to translate the entire game for me.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

I imported KH2 when it first came out, but never had the money for KH2 Final Mix. and Now that RE:CoM is coming to the US supposedly this winter, I'm glad I waited. lol. english VAs!
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:53 pm

oooooooooooo i didn't know that YAHHHHHHHH lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!   Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great RPG games for the RPG fans out there!
Page 1 of 1