Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What anime are you watching

Go down 
+8
Kizzurp
Univenon
helmsdeep
FAbian_101
[Cross]
DivinusBasium
Higure
maxsteele77
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

What anime are you watching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:56 pm

gits is pretty complicated and i doubt i could keep up if i didn't watch the dub. but its great its onw of my top 3 of all time.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

Female Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:01 pm

I never really liked Ghost in the Shell. I saw a few episodes a while back, but I got bored after I while. I guess it's not really my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://univenon.deviantart.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:30 pm

AHHHHHHH, whats wrong with you people. lol.

Until now i'd never met people that are big anime fans that have never seen or liked GITS:SAC. Oh well to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Univenon
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Univenon

Female Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Ahh... Well, I just thought it was kind of boring for me. I guess I could have hit it at a slow point or something.
Back to top Go down
http://univenon.deviantart.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:45 pm

lol that's the first time i've ever heard GITS:SAC called boring, but i suppose there are parts that could be called "slow" but i'd say that those are either character development or part of the complicated plot.
But as i said, to each his own. I'm sure theres anime that other people like that i don't.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I've just started watching Amatsuki, its a little strange but so far after 3 eps i quite like it.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm

really? whats it about?
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Really simply put.

A guy gets trapped in a virtual edo period simulation where crazy stuff happens.

lol like i said im only 3 eps in but it seems pretty good so far, at least its better than what i made it sound like.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats actually what i said when i found out that SHS has dropped Hitman Reborn becuase they got a C&D notice from FUNimation.

Damn you FUNimation damn youuuuuuuu.

I hope they don't send C&D's to the other groups as well. I'm getting the same feeling that i got when DGM was licensed.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I also heard a rumor that yuurisans is dropping hitman, but if people are getting notices, it'll be hard to come by. I've heard people are getting fed up with it, but I had been interested in starting it... but you know Max, SHS drops things like trash once they get notices or think they will, so the other groups might not take it down as fast.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:14 pm

Yeah i know SHS are quite paranoid, but i suppose they could be forgiven for that because they do have kinda a high profile.
I hope your right about the other groups, but i've got a bad feeling about this. (lol I sound like Han Solo)
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:16 pm

yeah, but you know if there's a group dedicated enough, they'll sub it till the very end, despite notices and whatnot. Tho I think thats a little strange that funimation is stepping on the toes of Hitman, but not some of its bigger stuff thats still being subbed?
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:19 pm

I no i didn't even know it had been licensed especially not by funimation. I mean it's a show about basically guns and the mafia, i really do shudder at the thought of how much they're going to edit this to make it "kid friendly". Reborn aims and shoots Tsuna in the head on an episodely basis.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

Male Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:27 pm

No they edited themselves. Please Higure get into KHR, I would like more people to reborn-talk with. Well funimation isn't showing interest in reborn...not from what I've heard which is basically nothing. And the anime is already kid friendly, they already edited it for content in japan which is why some people are fed up with it. There is less blood, barely any actually. The Naruto dub has more blood (the KHR manga was wayy bloodlier) and Reborn doesn't shoot tsuna in the head with the bullet. A magic beam pops up from the bullet and hits tsuna so thats considerable safer...also the gun is colorfully edited to be a green shade that looks like a toy. As well as other weapons like rocket launchers and grenades. Also later in the series, tsuna barely gets shot anymore so I can't see why funimation especially wouldn't be able to do this. I feel like they purposefully made it this way so it can be broadcasted in America...
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 pm

lol and whats wrong with talking KHR with me hmmmm.

funimation must be starting to dub it or they wouldn't have sent SHS a C&D notice. I no what you mean about the manga its wayyy more bloody.

lol i didn't say Reborn shoots him with a bullet i just said he shoots him in the head, which he does. They'll HEAVILY edit that in America, i mean doesn't everyone there already own guns lol so they'd think kids will copy it.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 pm

They probably won't, they might edit moments where he points the gun at his head but nothing else. And really? has funimation given them notices? Because I haven't heard anything about them doing reborn. I'm happy that they are, because nobody else would be able to do a better job. Well I guess this is as much of a notice that they are doing KHR than ever. And take no offense Max, I was joking I'd love to speak reborn with you.

Edit:
nvm it seems funimation has a knack for giving out C&D notes for series that they haven't announced licensed yet.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm

According to SHS's site they have http://forum.shinsen-subs.org/showthread.php?t=4241

They'll prob change it from the mafia to something else, and i think they'll change Gokudera's dynamite to something else.

lol I'm NEVER happy when i show is licensed it always makes me think of 4kids butchering of One Piece.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 pm

They won't change the dynamite, funimation isn't known for butchering anime. If anything they saved us from the 4Kids version of One Piece.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Isn't anything to do with like bombs or explosions changing in America these days because of terrorism. I no they've actually skipped episodes of various animes because they have some vague reference to bombs or buildings being destroyed.

On another note who's release of KHR did you watch?
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 pm

i watch whatever i get my hands on or rather whoever can sub it first, and no Naruto has multiple explosives all of the time. So explosives aren't completely off limits. They can't really edit that either, there can't be any ways that they can. And funimation would never do that to us, they even had bad language (crap lol) on their broadcast of one piece on toonami.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 pm

So you would have seen the other 2 groups releases then. I don't know which group's to get now that SHS has dropped it (i always waited for theirs). Who would you say the best goup doing it now is?

Yeah i suppose your right about Naruto, but i 've just got this feeling that KHR is gonna get the crap edited out of it.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:02 pm

It won't it really won't. Funimation won't do it, if they can't have it in good condition for broadcast then they just make it straight to dvd. Yuurisan is...meh. Their F-timing makes me want to vomit in disgust. Stick with kesenai...even though yuurisan just broken up with kesenai whom they had partnered with, I find kesenai better than yuurisan.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:05 pm

kk thnx for the group heads up.

You might be right about the funi editing thing but even if they don't edit it at all it will still be terrible because of the voice acting. Seriously funi is one of if the the worst dubs i have ever heard, the voices are just so bland they sound like they're reading from a script with no emotion.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Well we'll see from dgm, they'll probably have their act together.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:11 pm

lol i'll believe it when i hear it.

I just noticed that they told SHS to drop Monochrome Factor and Nabari no Ou as well (both of which i watch but i don't watch SHS's releases) know i REALLY think there'll be some real heavy editing for Monochrome Factor cos its basically a yaoi anime. And theres no way in the world any American company would broadcast a show marketed towards kids with gay themes in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What anime are you watching   What anime are you watching - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What anime are you watching
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next