Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anime live action movies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Anime live action movies Empty
PostSubject: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:01 am

I just read the following article and it got me thinking:

PRESS RELEASE
Viz Media Launches Hollywood-Based Film Company to License and Produce Live Action Films Based on Popular Japanese Graphic Novel Properties

San Francisco, CA, July 21, 2008 – Viz Media, LLC (Viz Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has launched a new wholly-owned Hollywood-based company named VIZ Productions to produce and license live-action theatrical film and TV projects based on animated and manga (graphic novel) series. The new company will draw on a vast catalog of manga properties owned by its Japanese parent companies Shogakukan, Inc. and Shueisha, Inc., as well as publishing giant -Hakusensha, all of which are among the largest publishing houses in Japan.

VIZ Productions will also serve as liaison between Japanese creative licensors and Hollywood production houses, studios and agents and plans to produce or license live action films covering a wide range of graphic novel genres. Projects lined up include science fiction, fantasy, action adventure, horror, thriller, comedy and drama. The VIZ Productions launch is timely as Hollywood is looking actively for new material and a myriad of Japanese graphic novel material remains untapped in Hollywood. VIZ Productions' parent company Viz Media dominates the burgeoning North American manga market and its stable of animation titles are seen on Cartoon Network and other distribution outlets. Among some of its most popular titles include NARUTO, BLEACH, DEATH NOTE, INUYASHA and NAOKI URASAWA'S MONSTER.

“VIZ Productions will give Hollywood a unique conduit to some of the most innovative and unique entertainment properties from Japan. Hollywood has always looked to comic books and graphic novels and has recently discovered the untapped pool of Japanese manga for development into live action features. Worldwide, the creators of manga are viewed as artists, and the rich storylines are already a hit with the coveted 12-34 demographic,” says Jason Hoffs,

Head of Production for VIZ Productions. “With our pool of resources of dramatic storylines and incredible characters coming from manga and animation, we are confident that the development of many new projects will attract the best talent, actors, directors, writers and bring a new array of films to domestic audiences.”

Adds Hidemi Fukuhara, President and CEO of Viz Media: “We are proud to have Jason Hoffs as Head of Production for VIZ Productions; he brings a great deal of knowledge gained from over 15 years in Hollywood and has a keen eye for great stories. Our parent companies Shogakukan and Shueisha are the top manga publishers in Japan and hold a wealth of rich characters and storylines in their extensive catalog. Jason Hoffs will helm the effort to bring these wonderful stories to Hollywood and to build a bridge between the creative talents both in Hollywood and in Tokyo.”

I already know that they are in the process of shooting a DBZ live action movie which i think could be alright. But Naruto and Bleach live action movies, made by Americans for Americans...........OVER MY DEAD BODY. I mean if the Japanese anime companys can't make a decent anime movie based on Naruto how terrible would the American LA version be, and i shudder at the thought of seeing a live action Naruto movie with no blood, minimal violence and Naruto saying "Believe it" for 2 hours plus.

I've also just heard that there are plans to make a Cowboy Bebop live action movie. Why must the Americans ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

Male Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:10 am

a bebop live action doesn't sound bad actually. I was personally waiting for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
DBlood-God
Human
Human
DBlood-God

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:15 am

Cross they took you to ,to THER SIDE ,why do they take all the good men

Cross 1990-2008

WTF THEY TOOK THE COMICS AND NOW THEY PLAN TO TAKE THE ANIME AND MANGA TO, HELL NO .
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Anime and mange storys dont mix will in real ection.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I have seen what they did to Death Note the real action movie IT WAS crap.
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Real acrion movis that are based on anime and mange are for people that dont know what anime and
pale pale pale pale pale pale
manga are,and are to fucking lazy to read subs OR an mange OR they think they anime and mange are
No No No No No No
for 8 yer olds , fucking holly wood whey do you need ruin and destroy up all that is good .
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
But if they will make the movies i will wach them because i must , and then i will curse
No Mad Mad No Mad Mad
holly wood in every site i know for how mach it sucked.

DEM YOU HOLLY WOON WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DO YOU DO THES TO AS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE HOLLY

WOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited by DBlood-God on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 am

If anime/manga story's are turned into live action movies in America by American company's then you can bet your ass they'll be made for and marketed at children.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm

of course, which is why MOST dubbed anime sucks in the first place. Its basics of american logic - its a cartoon/comic book, thus is must be for children in our country, let us edit what makes it good and fun to read, and distribute it through our country for preteens and younger to enjoy while we stain the good name of manga and anime, and while we are at it, let us take it a step further and make sure that while keeping it "authentic" by reading from right to left, instead of left to right, but taking out everything else that makes it authentic.

This is why anime is so poorly seen by "older teens" that have no knowledge of Anime - the, "its a cartoon, its for kids" people - because they watched Naruto on Cartoon Network once. Who cares if there's cussing and blood... seriously.

(note: I don't mind nudity being edited out ^^ I think that's unnessicary in the first place)
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:04 pm

I agree that nudity in anime is basically just fanservice (although in some places it actually does serve a purpose eg. in the GITS movies). However i'm a very firm believer that absolutely nothing should be edited from the original.

If people don't want to watch something because it's got blood,violence or nudity in it no ones forcing them to watch it. I'm a person that hates censorship with a passion.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:11 pm

I should restate my comment. I wouldn't mind a live action bebop if it were made in Japan.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:16 pm

What about if it was made in America? Cos thats where it's going to be made.
Back to top Go down
[Cross]
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
[Cross]

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:28 pm

It was implied in the way that I specified Japan instead of America that I don't want these titles to have anything to do with American film, but I'm not completely against them. Who knows, they might strike gold they may not. The fact that they take these chances means something, nobody would get anywhere if they didn't take these chances. And Viz isn't stupid (well most of the time they are) but it doesn't change the fact that they are a business and they know how the core audience (us) have reacted to anime live action movies in the past (dbz is getting so much heat and speed racer was meh) So I am going to just wait and see before I pass complete judgment on Viz productions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime live action movies   Anime live action movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime live action movies
Page 1 of 1