Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The frogs

Go down 
+5
Xallen
DivinusBasium
Higure
maxsteele77
Evilpieman
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:40 pm

of course, its a rule of fantasy. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

Male Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-30

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 pm

magic wedding rolling?!

Sorry, just messing.

Sounds interesting, the first one anyway =3
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:44 pm

the first one I mentioned is the one I'm working on getting published now.
Back to top Go down
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:47 pm

ohoh, hope to see it soon =3
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-05-18

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Have you actually sent it to the publishers? ive never sent my work to a publishers but when i finish the book im writing now that'll be the first one. I'll give you a tease its the first book ive planned in a series called The Afterlife series.
Back to top Go down
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 pm

I tried sending my work to the publisher before, then it came back saying "Santa Claus does not Publish Books" =3
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:51 pm

lol but he does except milk and cookies.
Back to top Go down
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:52 pm

I know, I'm gonna have a go at him next time >.<
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm

hold his reindeer for ransom.
Back to top Go down
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Red Nose Wanted Dead or Alive =O
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:53 pm

What for you is the easiest and hardest part of writing a story?

For me the easiest part is coming up with the basic idea of the story and the world its set in. they just jump into my head, I got one once while shutting the roller door.

The hardest part is coming up with peoples names, i stress out so much over if the name sounds right or not. I'll change the chars names that many times, i just find it really difficult coming up with them.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 pm

hm... the hardest part for me when coming up with a story is probably just starting it - mostly all my writing ideas come from various places, sometimes I'll come up with a story while listening music, driving around, or like a scene in a movie will give me an idea (example: a movie I watched with a field of cherry trees in full bloom - gave me an idea that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual movie I was watching)and sometimes dreams.

Most of the time I write randomly I get the begining and just let it flow, most of the time things just fall into place. When I write its completely by ear. I'll usually think up shortly after some plot twists to lead up to.

Names aren't too hard for me - I usually pick names that either fit the character or names that I personally like a lot. I never worry about it, because once you pick a name, no matter how dumb it is to anyone, its not the name, but character that makes the difference
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:09 am

ive heard of people getting ideas from music before but i never have, i do like to write while listening to music though.
isn't it weird where ideas come from, like i said ive gotten 1 while closing the roller door, plenty while driving and watching tv and some while just walking around. (you should see my phone its full of these 2 sentence story descriptions)

See i write randomly as well, though i only do it when im a bit stuck in where to go next. When i met Garth Nix (don't know if you've heard of him but hes an aussie author) i asked him what he does when hes stuck at a certain point in a story, and he told me what ive heard many other writers say. It's better to write utter random crap than nothing at all, cos you can edit crap but you can't change nothing.

lol i wish i had your casualness about names i don't know why but im always stressing over them.
Back to top Go down
TomoyoSakagami
Training Exorcist
Training Exorcist
TomoyoSakagami

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 am

Random is good.

Then again being in the bath helps me think of stuff too :3
Back to top Go down
WolfReborn
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
WolfReborn

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-04-03

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 am

lol.....i manage music....i manage a person who goes helping other bands.....also encode videos for him. let me know if you ever wanna see.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 am

mostly my mind will think of one scene, a fight scene, a love scene, a plot twist, just that ONE scene thats played in my head, can start an avalanche of ideas for me.

I also need music while writing, just have to be careful to listen to the type of music that goes with the mood of what I want to write, otherwise I'll start writing in a different mood when I don't want to, like example: I want to write a sad scene, but I'm listening to hard rock - scene goes from being sad, or maybe angry? XD lol.

My best ideas come randomly, so I think that works best for me ^^ And yeah, writing badly is better than no writing.

Like I said - names are easy because if the character is likable - the name will become that character and in turn become just as likable. I think.

Example - Cloud from FFVII. Squall from FFVIII - both horrible names to the untrained eye, but to those who like those characters, those names are just their names. lol.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:19 pm

I fully agree that you do know when you've got the name that suits the character, i don't know why but actually coming up with names has always been the most difficult aspect of the writing process for me.

I tend to come up with boring names that really don't match the char, so until i do come up with a name i think suits them i usually use my friends/family's names.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 pm

ah, well, for me if I can't figure out the right name at first - I pick a random one and by the time I'd think of something else, thats already his name and you don't want to change it XD maybe thats just me tho, I don't usually change characters names, specially after writing about them for a long period of time.

/Start funny name story:

once upon a time, I was driving to town and saw a sign, or SOMETHING that made me think of a name that would be PERFECT for a character I was about to introduce - It was PERFECT - No other name would have been that perfect, I was very pleased in the 5 minutes I spent thinking in silence how awesomely perfect that name really was for that character.

I went through a dry writing season - aka: I didn't feel like writing for 2 months -

Finally wrote the character in, stopped and remembered that I had found the PERFECT name... PERFECT I tell you. I remembered that much and that was IT. I could not.... did not... and NEVER will from this day until forever. I remember there was a perfect name, but nothing about the name comes to mind. Not the sign, the letters, the day I thought of it. Nothing.

I will always and forever drive myself crazy with the inability to remember that name. I will probably say it, type it, think it a million times, but never remember it was THE perfect name.

So he is named something else, that I am far happier with now - since I can't remember the perfect name - the name he was actually given will be called the the perfect name the second! lol

Even if I remembered the perfect name now tho, I wouldn't change it.

/End funny name story.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 pm

I wish i could just pick a random name and it would grow on me but i usually know immediately if the name fits the char or not.
Or maybe it does fit but its just my crazy over obsessive brain that picks at it not suiting the char.

Shame (or maybe not) that you couldn't remember the name, i have a list of interesting names that i've heard or read somewhere.

My fav char name is one i found in my year 11 biology text book. Simian, i just thought it sounded like a great name, and its one of the names that i actually had in mind for the char before i started writing.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 am

That is a cool name, lol.

As far as names go, I go between making them up, picking common names, and then picking common names. if you do a variation of those three name chosing devices, maybe it'll help.

like one story, the guys name is Kai - which I saw on an internet name site - and I made up his sisters name, Iasha pronounced eye-shaa lol - and the main girls name was Selene.

I like to type randomly until a name pops up that sounds cool - or go to online sites to find a name or find variations to create my own name.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:42 am

Yeah i like to do a bit of mix and matching as well, especially with place names.

Isn't it weird, i have trouble deciding on a name that suits my chars but i have absolutely no trouble picking a name for places.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:09 pm

lol, maybe because places aren't as restricting? A place can have a weird name, and no one will think twice, a person has a weird name and it seems like it won't fit. Which is not true, I mean, look at names on FF - did you ever think, "Zidane? Wakka? Zell? Vivi? wth?" lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The frogs - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The frogs   The frogs - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The frogs
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Random Chat-
Jump to: