Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D.gray-man getting licenced

Go down 
+6
renge
Tyki
jardindelanuit
willacekai42
Zurenriri
Higure
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
googlema

D.gray-man getting licenced Empty
PostSubject: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Heard D.gray-man got licenced will higure subs continue to sub it???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:33 pm

I hope they continue subbing. I heard that Shinsen-Subs dropped the project already.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

Female Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:58 pm

We will continue to sub D. Gray-Man as long as we have support of our fanbase, and there are no legal ramifications. Until then we will be honored to continue subbing D. Gray-Man for everyone to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://higure-subs.heavenforum.com
Zurenriri
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Zurenriri

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Silly Shinsen...
Maybe we'll get more hits now?
Back to top Go down
willacekai42
Human
Human
willacekai42

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 6:27 pm

i was pissed that shisen dropped. but im glad you guys are willing to continue.

keep up the quality.

^.^
Back to top Go down
http://clanwoof.com
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:08 pm

It's great to know there are people who appreciate our subs! We'll do our best every week to bring everyone DGM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Also as a minor update Yuurisansubs has decided to drop D.Gray-Man as well.
So this place will get quite popular this coming week.
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:38 pm

I am really surprised to hear everyone's dropping, the licensing just got announced the other day, and it's not airing until 2009, that's still over half a year away, and I doubt it'll come out the begining of 09 anyway.
Back to top Go down
jardindelanuit
Human
Human

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:43 pm

thank you!! thank you!! thank you!!

I'm really greatful, that someone is willing to sub DGM! But I would stay low, so that you don't attract to much attention. So stopping to post on youtube, was a good decision. I don't want you guys getting caught!

I can't thank you enough!
All the best!
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:47 pm

we're not really worried right now. but stopping the upload to stream sites it the first cautious move we can take without acting reckless and stopping our subs. lol.
Back to top Go down
Tyki
Human
Human
Tyki

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:51 am

Yea, definitely megaupload is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dgraydivinity.net/index.php?referrerid=1
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:57 am

yep, torrents and megaupload are all we're going to do from now on probably. Better anyway since stream sites kill video quality anyway.
Back to top Go down
renge
Human
Human
renge

Female Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:17 am

oooo.i'm so relieved u guys are gonna continue.. my heart dropped when i went to animesuki and it said "licensed"!!!! i've juz started watching higure subs and it's pretty good. i'm gonna be a fan now.. ((: and i love dgm heaps, heaps!! ((: thx for continuing even though it's licensed! I love you
Back to top Go down
nana

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:23 am

your source of translation that you have mentioned in other posts...is it referring to mangas?

cause in ep 82, the song translation seem to be directly from the manga?

are you afraid of getting into trouble with the laws? since you're based in US as well.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

Male Number of posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:34 am

I asked some mods from both Anime-ss and Vegapunk who both sub One Piece which is also licensed by Funimation and they've said that they've never heard anything from Funimation.

If Funimation wanted to stop fansubs they would surely try to stop one of the most popular anime of all time in One Piece being subbed, but since those groups are fairly well known and have been around for a while and they've heard nothing from Funi i think it would be safe to assume that they don't really care about fansubs as long as groups aren't making a profit from them.
Back to top Go down
nana

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:44 am

higure, i understand that you now want to apply the policy of not uploading to streaming sites, right?

but with the internet...u know how people are...yuurisans and shinsen and db have all asked for their video not to be uploaded to streaming sites, but one will always get some idiots who refused to listen, any idea how to stop them? or do you think you are able to stop them from doing that if assuming you are going to be the only group doing dgm?

not trying to scare anyone but if FUNimation decided to take action suddenly, being the only group left, u will be facing all the "attacks" though currently at the moment, i know you are not as famous as shinsen, BO and yuurisan for dgm. i was juz asking "what ifs"
Back to top Go down
Zurenriri
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
Zurenriri

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Holy shit this place is not dead anymore Very Happy

@nana: People are going to upload to YouTube, no matter what we say. Dattebayo has asked many times for their Bleach and Naruto Shipuuden episodes not to be uploaded, but you can still get on YouTube and find piles and piles of uploads. Sure, we can say "Don't Upload to Streaming Sites", but that isn't going to do much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:22 am

I agree with nana.
But I have also have to state that at first this subbing group wasn't as popular as Shinsen, BO and Yuurisans. But with the coming of this week's episode popularity here will rise especially since Shinsen and Yuurisans dropped subbing DGM. I know I am stating the obvious but I do insist on taking the advice posted from other users. Please be cautious, none of us here would want you to take all of the trouble with the law. And yes there will be those people that will take your subs and post them on popular streaming sites. I just wish there was some actual way to stop them.

Other than that, you have our full support here, and thank you once again for continuing to sub DGM.
Back to top Go down
nana

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:52 am

yes, be cautious.
i mean sure, all of u are rival in terms of dgm fansubs, but i'm sure no one would want to see each other in trouble i guess...it doesn't benefit anyone if u do get into trouble.
fansubs groups can be friends, even though they are rivals, but its a headache if people keep uploading it...if only there were some way to do it secretly....then we can have our fill of dgm...

hmm....but i think u need working on your karaoke a little? i couldn't really read it when it was in CR ....
Back to top Go down
Higure
Admin
Higure

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:29 pm

As far as streaming sites go, no there is no way to stop people from uploading, and there's really no sense it stating "don't upload our videos" all we can do is ASK everyone not to, and if they want to continue seeing us sub they should take down and not upload anymore for the safety of the staff and the reassurence of DGM being continued. It's not up to us, it's up to the fans that take it upon themselves to just upload carelessly.

I think at this point we have nothing to be afraid of, since the series isn't airing until 2009, and it's possible only the first season that's been lisenced at the time.

and yes, we NEED someone do karaoke, no one our our staff has the skills or time to do the karaoke properly.
Back to top Go down
helmsdeep
Human
Human

Male Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Higure wrote:
We will continue to sub D. Gray-Man as long as we have support of our fanbase, and there are no legal ramifications. Until then we will be honored to continue subbing D. Gray-Man for everyone to enjoy.

You just made me shed tears of happiness!!! Very Happy

You guys rock I love you!!!
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Really the only thing that you can do if people upload it to sites like youtube is what DB have done, get people to flag them, and say that they don't have your permission to upload your subs.
Back to top Go down
maxsteele77
Exorcist Order
Exorcist Order
maxsteele77

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 4:24 pm

I asked the people over at DB if they had ever had any trouble with any of the American company's (surprisingly they didn't ban me lol) and i just an email back saying "We have yet to receive a cease and desist order or any other threat of legal action"

Now this group is extremely well known, and they sub 2 of the most popular anime of all time and even they haven't heard a peep from the company's. So i think this just shows how much the other DGM groups have overreacted, and i'm really glad that this group isn't going to follow suit and jump the gun.
Back to top Go down
pika

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:56 am

btw, yuurisan-subs decided to pick up dgm again...juz a little bit of info
Back to top Go down
GiggleStrawberry
Human
Human
GiggleStrawberry

Female Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:37 am

Oh wow that was pretty fast. Either ways Funi only licensed the first 51st episodes, so risk of getting in trouble is low.
Back to top Go down
http://catharsis-decay.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.gray-man getting licenced   D.gray-man getting licenced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.gray-man getting licenced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next